Thank you The Broke and the Bookish for this wonderful Tuesday Meme
This week’s topic is Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition.
1. Joanna Philbin: One day I was browsing the YA section at Barnes and Noble’s and this book cover caught my eye. After seeing what the story was about, I bought. Ever since then, I read anything Joanna Philbin writes. I love authors whose writing is effortless to read. She’s one of those authors. 🙂
2. Jennifer Jabaley: Sadly, Jennifer only has two novels out, but I still love her. I like the way she builds the world and can write about heavy or silly subjects, but still make them enjoyable.
3. Heather Hepler: I’ve only read The Cupcake Queen by Ms. Hepler, but just with one novel I was sold. As I was reading the story I felt as if I was in the bakery. Now… I want a cupcake.
4. Lisa & Laura Roecker: This duo of writing sisters are my favorite at the moment. Their murder mystery novels are fantastic. Especially, The Liar Society series. Their writing is witty. At times a little harsh, but in a good way.
5. Sarah Ockler: She is one of the few authors that is able to not just cast a spotlight on the romance, but on other types of love, like the love between family members and friends.
6. Courtney Allison Moulton: Angelfire is one of my favorite trilogies of all time! Courtney created amazing characters that I really loved, especially the heroine and I usually can’t stand some of them.
7. Gayle Forman: I especially loved her duology, If I Stay & Where She Went. The plot and the writing brought me to tears!
8. Kiera Cass: She is a new favorite of mine! I love her writing style and The Selection was an amazing read and after reading the sequel, The Elite, I wanted more!
9. Kristin Cashore: She might be a bit more known than the others on the list but I still think she’s great! I loved Graceling and the world that she built in the novels.
10. Aimee Carter: I love Greek mythology and because of Aimee, I’m madly in love with Hades!