Thank you to The Broke and The Bookish for this wonderful meme! If you want to learn how to participate, click here and check it out. Promise you won’t regret it.
Part Two: Swoon Worthy Quotes
- “Don’t cry.”
“How can I not?” I asked him. “You just said you loved me.”
“Well, why else did you think all of this was happening?” He set the book aside to wrap his arms around me. “The Furies wouldn’t be trying to kill you if I didn’t love you.”
“I didn’t know,” I said. Tears were trickling down my cheeks, but I did nothing to try to stop them. His shirt was absorving most of them. “You never said anything about it. Every time I saw you, you just acted so… wild.”
“How was I supposed to act?” he asked. “You kept doing things like throwing tea in my face.”
― Meg Cabot, Abandon
- “I can’t stop thinking about you,” he whispers.
He moves in, closer, lips pausing inches from mine. Wraps his arms around me, pulling me into him. I let out a quick gasp of air.
“I dream about you,” he murmurs, eyes grasping mine.
“You don’t sleep,” I choke, feeling a delirious passion coursing through my veins.
“I dream about your smile. About touching you. I dream about being with you. Like this.”
― Katie Klein, The Guardian
- “I have better things to do.”
He opens one eye and looks at me. “Like convince a stubborn girl to admit she’s madly in love with me.”
― Susan Ee, End of Days
- “… Somebody who helps balance her out, someone who makes sure her feet stay on the ground when life is tough and lift up into the aid when her lips find his. She needs somebody smart and funny and comfortable and exciting all at the same time. She needs somebody to go to sleep with who makes her feel secure enough not to care that she snores or drools, and somebody to wake up with who won’t judge her when he hair sticks up and pillowcase lines crease her face.”
― Heather Lyons, A Matter of Truth
- “I can’t keep pretending that I don’t want this – that I don’t want you. I can’t. Not after what happened to you. It thought… I thought I’d lost you, Alex, forever. And I would’ve lost everything. You are my everything.”
― Jennifer L. Armentrout, Deity
- “You’re beautiful, Genesis.” I swallowed, placing my hands on the table in front of her. “Immortals would fight wars over you, and not just your face or your hair or the way your smile penetrates to someone’s very soul — but because you’re good.”
― Rachel Van Dyken, The Dark Ones
- “I’m glad you misdialed.”
“Well. Easy mistake to make,” she said. “Might do it again.” A very, very long pause. She opened her mouth to fill it, then changed her mind and didn’t. She was shivering again, even though she wasn’t cold with the pillow on her legs.
“Shouldn’t,” Gansey said finally. “But I hope you do.”
― Maggie Stiefvater, Blue Lily, Lily Blue
- “You cannot fathom the distance I would travel for you.”
― Alexandra Bracken, Passenger
- “He reached out and pulled me to him, one hand on my waist and the other behind my neck. He tipped my head up and lowered his lips to mine. I closed my eyes and melted as my whole body was consumed in that kiss. I was nothing. I was everything. Chills, ran over my skin, and fire burned inside me. His body pressed closer to mine, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. His lips were warmer and softer than anything I could have ever imagined, yet fierce and powerful at the same time. Mine responded hungrily, and I tightened my hold on him. His fingers slid down the back of my neck, tracing its shape, and every place they touched was electric.”
—Richelle Mead, The Golden Lily
- “I tried to be a better person for her, but it was to impress her, to get her to want me. But when I’m around you, I want to be better because… well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like… like light made into flesh. […] You have no clue how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine.”
— Richelle Mead, The Golden Lily
- “The moment my lips touch yours, it will be your first kiss. Because if you’ve never felt anything when someone’s kissed you, then no one’s ever really kissed you. Not the way I plan on kissing you.”
– Colleen Hoover, Hopeless
- “I kiss her every way I can possibly kiss her, because I plan on loving her every way I can possibly love her. Every single time we refused to cave in to our feelings in the past makes this kiss completely worth the sacrifices.”
– Colleen Hoover, Maybe Someday
- “I know that unlike that night, tonight I won’t kiss her. Or touch her. Or even see her up close.
Tonight, I’ll listen. And that’ll be enough.”
– Gayle Forman, Where She Went