I have so many roommate stories… mostly bad ones. My last year of University I had a wonderful roommate, one of my close friends, and we were great together. Just to make this interesting I’ll give you my roommate story of my first year of college which scarred me for life.
I went to a small private university in California. Everyone raved about the close-knit environment and how everyone got along. Boy, was that totally not my experience. My freshman dorm was a old building which was the farthest from the main campus and housed about 250 students. I was stuck in a triple (one room for three girls) and the room was already small to begin with. One of my roommates was hispanic (like myself) and the other was Japanese-hawaiian. Need less to say, the hispanic roommate was out of our room within two weeks of school starting. Why? Because she was impossible to live with.
We had all talked before school started and she didn’t seem that bad, but when she came to the dorm with her parents, I had a bad feeling which turned out to be true. Let’s call her Maria for the purpose of the story. Anyways, Maria was such a snob. Her parents drove a Mercedes and she was all about flaunting what she had. When she saw my mom bought me an iTouch, she was filled with rage. She was like you’re so lucky, but her tone was anything but sweet. Once I came from class and my bed looked like someone had jumped all over it and there was dirt on it. My other roommate was with me in the previous class so the only one who could have done that was her. She denied it of course. Also, when she saw my dad bought me a new car, she was so mad. She just left the room. Also, she had to have her afternoon nap and since she was a light sleeper, we couldn’t even go into the room or we would wake her up and she would be pissed. She kept having a bad attitude about everything until one day I went to the RD and said, either she leaves or I do, but I’m not living with her anymore. Let’s just say she left.
Now, to the GIVEAWAY part of this post where I tell you how you can win a copy of Roomies!
- Must have a US Street Address, No PO Box’s please.
- Must share a quick story about a roommate situation (It can be camp, college, etc.) in the comment section below.
- Giveaway Ends January 13, 2013 by midnight PST.
- Must fill out this form (Asking for your email address and US address)
Sara and Tara’s confirmed tour dates:
- January 12, 2014 – New York, NY: McNally Jackson [venue link]
- January 15, 2014 – Salt Lake City, UT: The King’s English [venue link]
- January 16, 2014 – Provo, UT: Provo Library [venue link]
- February 4, 2014 – San Francisco, CA: Books Inc, Opera Plaza [venue link]
- February 5, 2015 – Petaluma, CA: Copperfield’s Books [venue link]
This is all possible thanks to the Little, Brown Books for Young Readers who are kind enough to let me host a giveaway!