SO Veronica and I decided to start something new on the blog. The Writers Column is going to be an area for us to tell you all what’s going on with us. We aren’t always reading books, or like me, I am not always reading books that I will review, but I still want to talk to you all about it. This will be posted on a weekly basis, with Veronica and I switch each week. You should see this on Mondays.
Let’s Talk Life!
My life recently has gotten crazy. My sister’s wedding is in two and a half weeks, meaning my weekends have been sucked up by wedding stuff. Not that I don’t enjoy it, but it gets to be exhausting. I am looking forward to having my weekends back after July 4th. And I am really looking forward to reading at a better pace. I did get to go zip lining and tackle a ropes course for my sister’s bachelorette party. It was challenging and so fun! Those harnesses are not human friendly… saw a lot of junk I didn’t want to see, hehe.
Given that it’s summer, of course I have to talk about my summer vacations! At the end of June I will be in Dewy Beach celebrating a wonderful friend’s 30th birthday. It going to be so much fun, but it’s also scary- she’s the first of us to turn 30. But why is 30 so scary? I have no idea. I still have a year and a half before I hit the big 3-0. However, the scary 3-0 won’t stop me from enjoying the sun and sand and tan. I am also heading to Disney World in August. Most of you probably don’t know this, but my brother works for Disney at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. He’s their communications specialist for cast members. He moved away from MD (where I’m from) three years ago, so it’s a challenge but it also gives me more opportunities to go to Disney!
Let’s Talk Books!
So, Apollycon was recently announced and tickets went on sale June 3rd. I was able to buy a ticket so I will be there in March 2017! Super pumped! I was able to grab a Titan Pass too! If anyone else is going, please let me know! I am so down for a meet up! And given that it’s in Orlando, I’ll be going to Harry Potter too! I am all about the more the merrier so let me know!
I know there haven’t been a lot of reviews recently, but given my life above, hopefully that will change in July. I do have a few reviews schedules- The Problem With Forever, And I Darken, The Ending I Want, PLUS a few ARCs I was able to grab! Currently though, I am making my way through Sarah J. Maas’ Throne of Glass series. I have been putting this off for awhile because it’s so massive. I like comparing it to Game of Thrones. I am almost finished Heir of Fire and I am so ready for what happens next. A couple of things:
- My OTP will always be Chaol/Celaena. You won’t change my mind on this. However, I understand that people and circumstances change and not all relationships are meant to be.
- I am still not over Sam Cortland and I, on a daily basis, punish myself by listening to The Assassin and The Underworld playlist Maas created. I can usually be found crying at my desk at some point in time during the day while A Life So Changed plays. It also doesn’t help that Titanic is my souls weakness and I will always cry.
- Sarah J. Maas is perfect and her playlists on Spotify are the best things ever. They really get me through my work days and tell a story of their own. So thank you for that.
- Dorian was a ninny… but my opinion of him may be changing, depending on what happens in Queen of Shadows. I really need him to step up.
- Speaking of stepping up- Ima need Chaol to stop waffling. Pick a side and stick with it.
- Aedion is a God and I can’t wait to see him and Celaena fighting together.
- Manon… I am not entirely sure of this witch…
- And finally- MEAVE GTFO. Thanks.
I hope you all like this column. If there is anything in particular you want to see from Veronica and myself, please, let us know! We are always looking for new, fun ways to entertain you all.