Thank you The Broke and the Bookish for this wonderful Tuesday Meme
This week, I am doing a Top Ten Tuesday that has been done in the past and not the one we are supposed to be doing this week because, I can’t seem to think of enough endings or beginnings that “wow’d” me. Instead, I will be doing Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors.
1. Sarah Dessen – Some people say that she is the Queen of YA Contemporary and I can see why the shoe fits. She has written over 10 books and each one unique in its own way. She is able to capture the struggles and changes that go through a teenage girl’s life perfectly in different scenarios and circumstances. Her books are never fluff to me. They always teach me something and that is why I love them.
2. Richelle Mead – She is sassy, she is sarcastic, and she’s funny as heck! The main characters are always funny in their own way, Rose with her “I’ll kick your butt” type of funny, Sydney’s “I am smarter than thou and why must I deal with you people” funny, or Adrian who is an honorary member of AYE. Her readers cannot help falling in love with all of her characters.
3. Sarah Ockler – Her books are so realistic and fun to read (fun as in it will make you feel many things) that I never stop to think twice and automatically buy her books. Her books aren’t just about love relationships, family and friendship are important themes in each of her books and I love her for that. We need more YA books that make family important.
4. Ally Carter – She writes about Spies and Thieves. That’s all you really need to know. If you are a fan of the USA Network and shows like White Collar and Psych, pick up any book by this author. You won’t be disappointed.
5. Morgan Matson – Ms. Matson is up there with Sarah Ockler and Sarah Dessen. She writes phenomenally. I don’t know how she isn’t that famous yet.
6. Rick Riordan – I know I may be a little too old for his books,especially the Percy Jackson series which came out when I was in the 8th grade. I read the PJO series when I started college, and I fell in love! I love the characters he created, and I love how he included mythical education into his books!
7. Cassandra Clare – Besides the fact that I have a theory that she hates the Herondales, her writing is simply beautiful. The Infernal Devices is simply my favorite trilogy ever, and my reasons are many. The plot that she created, the words she penned, and the characters that she brought to life are only a few of the reasons why I am such a big fan of CC.
8. Lauren Oliver – She became one of my favorite authors because her writing is also beautiful! Her writing is so poetic that I feel as if I am reading a poetry book and not a novel. Even though I don’t agree with some of the plot in the Delirium trilogy, the books surprised me, and I loved that she wrote it to what she believed the characters would do and not what the fans wanted them to do (which is definitely the easier route).
9. Nicholas Sparks – He is my favorite contemporary author and that’s saying a lot from me. I have all his books and I love most of them. He’s a great writer and even though some plots are tragic, he truly makes you feel what the characters feel in the books.
10. Veronica Roth – I love her personality and her relationship with her fans! I think she’s an amazing writer as well! Divergent was an instant favorite and I can’t wait to see more from her in Allegiant and her future books!!