1. I moved to South Korea. Yes, I moved to South Korea. I KNOW. It’s a big thing moving across the world isn’t it? But I freaking did it. And I am loving every minute of this adventure I am on. I was scared crap-less the first two weeks I was on my own in this country, but I’ve learned to assimilate and get used to Korean life. Some might say I’ve even gotten comfortable here. It really isn’t a bad place to live. I will go back to the states eventually, but right now I am enjoying my time here.
2. I reconnected with old friends. This is pretty significant because one of the friends I reconnected with was my BFF from middle school and high school. I won’t go into details, but I will say I am glad to have her in my life. It’s nice to have someone who knows you so well and still be able after all this time be the same way we used to be back in the old days.
3. I went to a BTS Concert/Fanmeet in Seoul. Back in 2009 when I first discovered Korean-pop I was OBSESSED with 2PM and SHINee. While I am still a fan of those groups, the love (or should I just say obsession) is not the same. Anyways, one of my goals while in South Korea was to go to a Korean pop concert. I had heard about BTS aka 방탄소년단 , but was not an avid follower. Before coming to South Korea I started to listen to Kpop again and re-discovered them. Needless to say, I am now a fan and seeing them live at the Gochok Stadium this past November was AMAZING. They are great entertainers and I hope to see them again in the future. (Just in case there are any BTS Army reading this, my bias is J-Hope. LOL)
4. I met Liz. I would have never known that from the blogging partnership we created at the end of 2015 I would gain a lifelong friend. I believe meeting her in Anaheim at the beginning of 2016 solidified our friendship and I am thankful to have such an amazing human being as my friend. She’s been there for me through difficult times and I am forever grateful for her wisdom and friendship.
1. My sister got married. I think I wrote about this waaaaayyy back in May/June. I am beyond excited that this has happened. And my life was incredibly crazy (it was a a DIY wedding), but oh so much fun because I spent so much time with my family planning everything out. Not to mention everything turned out perfectly. It’s these moments when you truly know the value of your friends and who’s willing to help.
2. I met the love of my life. So where have I been for the last six months? With my boyfriend. While we both like to read, Summer and Fall were quite busy with parties and trips. I did read a book or two, but sometimes life just butts in right when you need it.
3. I met Alexandra Bracken. Let me just say that she is the sweetest person ever. She was funny, kind, and answered every question asked of her.
4. I met Veronica. Funnily enough, when I joined the Talking Bookworm, I had never met Veronica. But that changed when I visited Cali the first week of January 2016. It was super exciting. We ate real Ramen (something I have never tried before- it’s delicious). I wish we had remembered to take a picture, but the memory is all I really need. As you all know, Veronica is a wonder person and I am so great-full to be able to add her to my group of friends.