In Texas, two things are cherished above all else—football and gossip. My life has always been ruled by both.
Dallas Cole loathes football. That’s what happens when you spend your whole childhood coming in second to a sport. College is her time to step out of the bleachers, and put the playing field (and the players) in her past.
But life doesn’t always go as planned. As if going to the same college as her football star ex wasn’t bad enough, her father, a Texas high school coaching phenom, has decided to make the jump to college ball… as the new head coach at Rusk University. Dallas finds herself in the shadows of her father and football all over again.
Carson McClain is determined to go from second-string quarterback to the starting line-up. He needs the scholarship and the future that football provides. But when a beautiful redhead literally falls into his life, his focus is more than tested. It’s obliterated.
Dallas doesn’t know Carson is on the team. Carson doesn’t know that Dallas is his new coach’s daughter.
And neither of them know how to walk away from the attraction they feel.
This is going to be short and sweet. I will be making a list as to why you need to read this book.
- Loyalty is a main theme throughout the novel.
- Dallas and her Father. Their relationship evolves as the story progresses and it’s something you’re going to want to read.
- Carson is a hottie. Also a gentleman. But also… well you’re going to have to read it to find out. *wiggles eyebrows*
- Dallas and her best friend have one of the best friendships ever.
- The whole family and loyalty aspect within the football team. EPIC.
I know this is an out of character review, but trust me when I say you need to read this book. I classify this as a guilty read, but honestly, “guilty reads” also have depth in them. We are just too busy enjoying them to notice otherwise.