We did it! Week 4 is over! I am so excited we did it and at the same time I am really sad because Contemporary Conversations is almost over. We have two days left.
Below is a list of the posts that were a part of “Conspiracies/Spies/Drama” week. If we missed your post or discussion by any chance, go ahead and leave it down in the comments below and we will add it to the list accordingly.
- Cynthia reviews Sleuth or Dare by Robin Benway
- Sa reviews The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- Nara reviews Endangered by Lamar Giles
- Nara reviews Liars, Inc by Paula Stokes
- Nara reviews Every Last Promise by Kristin Halbrook
- Nara reviews Not in the Script by Amy Finnegan
- Emma reviews Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan
- Emma reviews Beau, Lee, The Bomb and Me by Mary McKinley
- Val reviews Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
- Diane reviews We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
- Erin reviews The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
- Erin reviews The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
- Shannelle reviews All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Shannelle reviews Geek Girl by Holly Smale
- Veronika reviews Wonder by RJ Palacio
- Veronika reviews Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Kayla reviews Every Breathe by Ellie Marney
- Kayla reviews Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn
Discussions and Fun:
- Nara gives us some under the radar recommendations
- Nara does the first and second challenges
- Shannelle urges you to look out for these two summer books
- Veronika says don’t judge a book by its cover
- Veronika did a contemporary romance version of the Burn, Rewrite, or Reread tag
- Kayla gives more clues on this week’s interactive challenge
- Kayla talks about the magic the contemporary genre possesses
I want to thank each and every one of you who participated in some shape or form in Contemporary Conversations. We couldn’t have done this without you! I want to apologize as well because I had so much planned for week 4 in the review department, but the books that were going to be featured (which Penguin kindly provided) ended up going to a wrong address. Penguin kindly resent the books, but they arrived halfway through week 4. Such a bummer. But either way you will be seeing reviews of those book shortly so stay tuned for those!
We will be announcing the giveaway winner through both Kayla’s blog and mine on Tuesday! (Kayla thinks it’s Wednesday but I checked our shared calendar 🙂 )
3 thoughts on “ContempConvos: Week 4 Wrap Up”
My only question: am I Joey or Chandler in this relationship?
You’re Joey hahaha
I think both of you did an absolutely great job and I’m happy I had the chance to participate in this lovely event. Reading contemporary and nothing else for a month is not something I usually do but it was a lot of fun. Also, I’ve found many-many new books through others’ reviews to add to my TBR list. I hope you’ll decide to host this event again next year.
And thanks for the giveaway. 🙂