Now that was a challenging week. You guys really went in deep and there were some amazing discussions and it’s almost unbelievable how many hard-stuff books you guys found. I’m amazed. I want to thank all for taking this topic so seriously and joining Kayla and I as we navigated through topics that many don’t want to talk about.
Below is a list of the posts that were a part of “The Hard Stuff” week. If we missed your post or discussion by any chance, go ahead and leave it down in the comments below and we will add it to the list accordingly.
- Cynthia reviewed Cracked Up to Be by Courtney Summers
- Cynthia reviewed Sex & Violence by Carrie Mesrobian
- Cynthia reviewed Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang
- Nara reviewed The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand
- Nara reviewed Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby
- Emma reviewed The After Girls by Leah Konen
- Emma reviewed All the Truth That’s in Me by Julie Berry
- Val reviewed Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman
- Anjie reviewed The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher
- Anjie reviewed Forgotten by Cat Patrick
- Mishma reviewed One Last Song by S.K. Falls
- Mishma reviewed Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
- Shannelle reviewed My True Love Gave to Me, edited by Stephanie Perkins
- Shannelle reviewed I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
- Veronika reviewed I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
- Veronika reviewed The Resolution of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
- Veronika reviewed On the Fence by Kasie West
- Kayla reviewed Don’t Touch by Rachel M. Wilson
- Kayla reviewed Both of Me by Jonathan Friesen
- Kayla reviewed Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
Discussions and Fun:
- Cynthia talked about meeting people on the interwebs and finding support there
- Nara wonders: is magical realism is closer to contemporary or to fantasy?
- Anjie shared her #(f)mcm: Josh Wasserstein from Isla and the Happily Ever After
- Mishma talked about controversial and dark topics in books
- Mishma listed her favorite lady characters in honor of Women’s Day
- Veronika took part in the contemporary fiction tag
- Kayla talked about Mental Heath and Dating
- Kayla also shared and talked about The Books That Changed Her Life
This week’s topic is something we are ALL looking forward to.
WEEK THREE IS REREADS WEEK
I read some of my favorite books for this week! Gosh, I literally fangirled with both of them. In all honesty, I feel like the books I reread for this week are even better than I remembered them to be.
This week’s challenge will be posted first on Kayla’s side on Wednesday. I will be posting mine on Thursday. The gist of the challenge is this: provide the cover image, and possibly the synopsis if you choose, of 3-5 books, and give ONE gif that sums up the book. No words allowed! Fun is a requirement!
Now, Go Forth and Have Fun!