We did it! The first week is over! *throws confetti*
Thank you everyone who has participated so far and to those who survived midterms week, kudos to you for getting through it. *four for you glen coco, you go glen coco*
If you want to check out posts of those who participated in the first week check them out below!
- Cynthia reviewed Not Otherwise Specified by Hannah Moskowitz
- Kayla reviewed Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
- Emma reviewed All Fall Down by Ally Carter
- Anjie reviewed Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Cynthia reviewed We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
- Emma reviewed The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
- Mishma reviewed What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
- Dianne reviewed Boomerang by Noelle August
- Dianne reviewed Rebound by Noelle August
- Anjie reviewed Flat Out Love by Jessica Park
- Emma reviewed Finding Mr. Brightside by Jay Clark
- Nara reviewed Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- Kayla reviewed I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
- Nara reviewed Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- Cynthia reviewed I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
- Val reviewed Golden by Jessi Kirby
- Veronika reviewed I Was Here by Gayle Forman
Discussions and Stuff:
- Emma stopped by my blog to talk about Coming of Age stories and give a BUNCH of awesome recs!
- Kayla makes us play in Ten First Lines: Contemporary Edition
- Nara wonders, where are all the male protagonists in contemporary??
- Mishma lists her go-to contemporary authors
- Kayla helps us get in touch with our poetic side with our first challenge, Book Spine Poetry!
Now, next week’s topic is a serious one, one that has been getting much attention the past couple of years…
Week two is DISABILITIES WEEK.
This week is meant for us to read and discuss the hard topics that many don’t want to talk about. About mental illness, about the difficulties of having some sort of disability, a mental or physical one, and how it affects those who love the people suffering from any sort of disability.
We aren’t having any challenges, but instead there will be a lot of discussion going on, Kayla taking the lead this week.
If we forgot to list one of your posts from Week 1, add your link to the link up and we will add it to the list!